- We communicate Christ, to help form Christ in the lives of others and provide a genuine and on-going encounter with Christ.
- We safe guard and enhance the Catholic Special Character of St Paul’s School by developing the dimensions of Catholic Community, Pastoral care and Religious Education.
- We deliver the National Religious Education curriculum using the Inquiry approach integrated with all others areas of the curriculum.
History and Special Character
St Paul’s School opened in January 2002. This was the realisation of a dream for the Catholic community of Massey and the surrounding parishes who had long held the vision and worked hard over a number of years to establish this school. St Paul’s is a Catholic State Integrated Primary School, for children in Years 1 – 6.
St Paul’s School is situated in the Parish of Massey which until 2004 was under the care of the priests of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate. Like the great missionary St Paul, St Paul’s School is challenged to leaven all its activities and achievements with a similar missionary endeavour in the service of the Gospel. St Paul’s School is resourced with the best equipment and the most modern technology, together with excellent teachers and learning resources, thus ensuring the national curriculum is delivered to the highest standards. Our special Catholic Character permeates all planning, policies, procedures, programmes and practices within our school.
St Paul’s School places high value on
- Life and our Catholic Faith
- Partnership with home, school and parish
- Multi-cultural diversity of our community
- Care of the environment
- Excellence in teaching and learning
The Vision will be achieved in its own time. If it seems slow in coming… wait for it – for it will surely come. And meanwhile, may we work together with wisdom and determination and patience and discernment. Amen
The School Emblem
Yellow paths—the Ten Commandments
The bible– the history and stories of God’s people.
The cross –through the cross and resurrection we are saved and have everlasting life.
2002—the year the school was opened.
The colour blue –reminds us of Mary, the mother of Jesus
Our school motto – unity, wisdom and knowledge